The Worst Foods to Eat If You Have Arthritis
Food is medicine. The food and drinks you consume likely have a bigger effect on your body than you may think. There are many substances that can cause inflammation and arthritic joint pain. If you suffer from arthritis, these are some of the WORST foods/drinks to consume:
1. Sweets – Consuming too much sugar increases inflammation in the body. It is best to cut out soda, candy, and pastries to relieve arthritis pain.
2. Red Meats – Red meat is high in saturated fats, which can cause high cholesterol and inflammation. Meat contains high levels of advanced glycation and products that stimulate inflammation.
3. Fried Foods – Fried foods contain trans fats that can cause inflammation and arthritis pain.
4. Alcohol – Consuming too much alcohol increases inflammation and health risks. By cutting alcohol out of your diet, you may notice a decrease in inflammatory joint pain. You may also sleep better, which can decrease chronic pain symptoms.
5. Cheese / Dairy – Cheese and dairy products in general are high in saturated fats and advanced glycation end products (AGEs), which are inflammation triggers.
6. Omega-6 Fatty Acids – Corn, peanut, sunflower, and soy oils are high in omega-6 fatty acids, which are only healthy in small doses.
Arthritis can truly decrease the quality of your life. Fortunately, there are ways to combat inflammation and pain through consuming the proper foods, avoiding the worst foods, and seeking appropriate treatment. Midwest Pain Solutions offers customized treatment plans to relieve pain and get you back to doing the things you love.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation to learn more about how we may help you find relief and greater well-being.